I’m pleased and excited to announce that this blog has been nominated for the Best Australian Blogs Competition! Thank you to whoever nominated me. The competition is an initiative of the Australian Writers’ Centre. It’s designed to celebrate, showcase and support the power and diversity of the writing that’s happening in the Australian blogosphere. You can follow the centre and the competition on Twitter. The hashtag is #bestblogs13.
The 2013 competition launched on Thursday 28 February, with prizes including cash, writing courses and books to be won. This year the national competition has received more than a thousand entries. Coordinator Rose Powell says: “We’re looking forward to another big competition as the Australian blogosphere has grown and strengthened considerably in the last year.” The 2012 winner, Eden Riley, is now a full time blogger and regularly speaks about blogging at conferences, and with marketers and media.
So, if you feel like voting for me, or for one of the other nominees, now’s the time! Just click on this People’s Choice link. Readers, followers, friends and family can vote in the competition until 5pm on Tuesday 30 April 2013. Although entrants need to be Australian, people from any country can vote. Okay, I’m off to do a bit of blog housekeeping …
The 2013 competition features:
- Five category winners each with an excellent judge
- A People’s Choice Award round
- Five special awards for outstanding posts or potential.
- The five categories are:
- Commentary to be judged by Greg Jericho, author and social commentator
- Personal/parenting to judged by author and blogger Kerri Sackville
- Lifestyle/hobby to be judged by veteran editor and publisher Marina Go;
- Words/writing to be judged by Brandon Van Over, managing editor and Random House; and
- Business to be judged by Flying Solo founder Robert Gerrish
The 2013 winner will receive:
- $1500 worth of writing courses at the Australian Writers’ Centre
- $1000 in cash
- A one-hour mentoring session with Brandon Van Over, managing editor at Random House, to discuss publishing a book based on their blog or any other writing projects the blogger wishes to discuss.
- $500 worth of books from Random House.
Congratulations, Jennifer! Fabulous and good luck.
Thanks Barbara … and huge congratulations again on your Rita nomination. I’m so thrilled about it!
What a great Easter present! I voted. Good luck!
Thank you Tea!
Congrats Jen! Good luck. Off to cast my vote! X