Fellow author and blogger Lord David Prosser (http://barsetshirediaries.wordpress.com/ ) has kindly nominated me for the Very Inspiring Blogger Award! After a little online snooping I discovered that he is actually a Lord. He’s the Lord of Bouldnor, an hereditary Manorial title lost in the mists of time, well the 1400′s anyway. I wonder how his Lordship feels about me being a staunch Aussie republican? Anyway, thank you for the nomination.
As an award winner, I’m asked to:
- Display the award certificate on my website and include a link to my sponsor.
- List five unusual facts about myself.
- Present 5 awards to deserving bloggers and drop them a comment to tip them off.
I’ve fulfilled the first condition which is to thank my sponsor and link back to his blog. Secondly I must post the award badge to my blog – done. By the way, I’ve changed the rules a bit to suit myself. Us colonials aren’t good at taking orders, my Lord. Okay, now for five unusual things about me.
- I once drove a tractor for a living.
- I have a great interest, affection and admiration for insects, particularly the social insects – wasps, ants and bees. Many insects display curiosity, learning ability and parental devotion (as you’ll discover if you read my first novel, Wasp Season) They are fascinating and highly underrated creatures.
- At one stage I gave up my job as a lawyer to become a full-time foster carer.
- I love to buy spent hens from battery farms. There is nothing quite so heart-warming as rehabilitating such birds, watching them learn to scratch, nest and dust-bathe etc. In return I get their friendship and lovely fresh eggs for many years.
- I am a member of a little writing group called the Little Lonsdale Group. Since its formation just a few years ago, four of our members (including me) have become published by major publishers – Random House, Penguin and Simon & Schuster. Pretty good going, huh?
Now for the part where I nominate five other bloggers. Drum roll please …
- Storie – Diane Simonelli
- Margareta Osborn – The Voice Of The Bush http://www.margaretaosborn.com.au/blog-listing
- Jenn J Mcleod – Come Home to the Country
- Whitney K E – Aspiring Romance Author
- The Ecstacy Files – Kate Belle – (Over 18 only!)
And nominees, don’t feel obliged. I know how busy you all are!